Saturday 18 February 2012

Two's company!

I enjoy crafting alone; but yes, with a friend, its most enjoyable. A friend of mine who is not into crafting, came over the other day and after lunch we decided to make some valentine cards. I was actually surprised to find her so eager to craft. After selecting a card to case, I helped her with the initial stages. But then she took over and amazed me. Her card did turn out very beautiful. I dont have a photo of it but i'll try getting one.
In the mean time I tried making a card keeping these challenges in mind:
Simon Says....Tag it & Crafty JC Challenge #14 - Valentine  with Non Traditional colours
I have never made a tag with a card and this is an attempt. I hope it is a good one. If there is something you can point out for me to improve or correct, feel free to comment. Thats how we grow, right?
So here's my card:


 Supplies: DCVW paper (black), echo paper victoria gardens pp, Jef's lattice punch, x-cut 2.5" circle punch, papermania stamp (butterfly), maya road white ink, ribbon.

It is a 4x6 easel card in black and white keeping up with the non traditional colour theme. I ran the bottom half of the black cardstock through the cuttlebug using the polka dot embossing folder. I stuck the PP on the plain half of the black cardstock and added the punched strip to cover the joining. The tag is a 2.5" circle on which 2 butteflies are stamped and their paths are hand drawn with a white gel pen. A hole was punched on the top, an eyelet was fixed using a crop a dile and the ribbon was attached. The tag is attached to the card with foam dots (sorry, cant remember the real word for them)
I attached a strip of punched cardstock for the inside to give it some continuity. Since I dont have many stamps with sentiments, I handwrote this sentiment "You make my heart sing" and fixed it with double sided foam dots. Ofcourse this went to my DH and he loved it. :) He does make my heart sing!
How did you like it? Feel free to let me know.
Hugs.

3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

The colors gel well together and the tag is elegant

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Assu said...

I never knew crafting could be so much Fun. Initially i was making it for someone, but it was my first attempt at card making i just couldn't part with it after i saw the final outcome. Thankyou Marissa Ur full of awesome ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...