Tuesday 7 February 2012

Cherish every moment

Its already a month into the new year (not so new anymore), and I know its high time i showed some presence in the blog world. But the break was so long, it took me quite long to get my mojo back. I have tried combining 3 challenges together this time.

Young Crafters Unite Challenge #6 - Follow the sketch


OLW77- Happy Birdie
and Beyond Grey Challenge #2 - Non-traditional Love card

And this is my take combining the 3 challenges
This is a One Layer Card with the tree from Unity stamps stamped straight on the card. Since i didn't have any bird stamps, I drew and colored the birds and nest to depict love birds and put them on dimensionals. I then made a rectangular border around the image to stick to the YCU sketch. Keeping with the sketch, I added the sentiment below the image. The complete card has no red/pink/hearts keeping with the twist of Beyond Grey Challenge - a non traditional love card.

I added a few rhinestones to liven up the image. Don't my birdies look cute?

                            
I don't own many sentiment stamps and so this sentiment is handwritten.

 Well, what do you think of it? Do leave me your comments.


6 comments:

Ujjwal said...

It looks beautiful and gives a dimensional look even when its just one-layered. Love the color combo and those cute birdies :)

PJ said...

wow ! thats a beauty !! :) I totally love the tree !! and the way u drew it !! i actually thought it was a stamp :) so good job on that .
Thanks for playing with us over @
http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/
Keep in touch !
I also follow u now :)
Regards
pooja
http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/

Crafting Aberrigines said...

awww....its just so inspiring ..
very unconventional..classy and cute..
I love the effects of a frame you have incorporated ..
the tree is fabulous too
Thank you so much for being a part of BGC # 2

Marie said...

Great card! Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

Romina Nahata said...

that looks so so pretty !!thanks for playing along at beyond grey !!

Melissa_Melz said...

so pretty and creative:)
thanks for playing with us on BGC#2

melissa
vibrina.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...