Saturday 29 October 2011

Sailing Away...

...actually Im flying away.
Yes, my hubby and me are leaving tomorrow afternoon and are finally going home! Its gonna be a long, long flight home but i dont care as long as im going home. So i will be MIA for the next few days.
As a parting gift this is what I gave the previous captain who left a few weeks ago. We came on ship together and he looked after me just like a daughter during my stay.


I first drew a border for the frame. And then drew the sailboats and waves on the wrong side. Then using an xacto knife, i cut it out. I adhered it to the blue cardstock with dimensional tape and also put bits of dimensional tape on the sails so that they would give a pop out effect. This is the frame I gifted the captain.
This was done in a major hurry because I was first not sure what to give him and when I thought of this it was very close to his departure. I know the top layer is not cut straight but i never noticed it until I saw the photos. Does that happen to you?
Well, I hope he liked it 'cause I really liked it. What about you?
Do leave me a comment and let me know.

Im entering this frame in:
DDSB Challenge # 80 - Anything Goes
JUGS #108 - Wildcard Challenge
Charisma Cardz Challenge #43 - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter Challenge #37 - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine Challenge #22  - Anything but a Card


Hugs.

11 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love your paper cutting-- I love the fact that you used the xacto knife ad not a machine!!

Marissa said...

Thank you so much Sonia. I actually enjoy making cards too this way much more than with stamps and papers.

Allison said...

lovely card
thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
Allisonx

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card ,love the paper cutting
thanks for joining us at digi doodle shops best and good luck
i have candy on my blog if you would like to enter
http://lalkygirl-my-creative-place.blogspot.com/
tracey x

Kim said...

wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at TPS!!!

Nat said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I am soooo in love with the colors...the design...the stamps...everything! I'm not the person who make cards, I can't do it, I don't have any ideas to mix papers:( I preffer felt and soutache jewellery. Have you ever heard about soutache?

pozdrawiam ciepło z Polski:)
Natalia

Anonymous said...

Your cutting is amazing and so neat.What a wonderful gift.Thanks for joining us at DDSC.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

crazyribbonlady said...

Fantastic! Thank you for joining our anything goes challenge this week at Charisma!
Emma x

Star said...

Holy COW!!! Absolutely amazing cutting!!! This is just incredible. Thank you for playing with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

xx Star

Assu said...

Wow love this card. so perfectly done.

Elise said...

WHAT a great piece and a stunning interpretation of the Just Us Girls, Wildcard - ALTERED frame technique - I love it! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...